Top100GreatestAlbums: What would be in your Top Ten, and why?

Here’s a page listing the Top 100 greatest Rock albums of all time. That’s a bit of a lie really because it lists 200 albums, but I’ll let that slide :)

Like any other list, if you ask 100 people, you’ll get 100 different lists. Probably more. But this one is pretty good. I’d say that at least 60% of the albums on the list would be on mine too, and should rightly be on everyone’s list. The other 40% could be down to presonal taste and definitions of the word “rock”. This is a list which contains Joni Mitchell, Cream, Carole King and The Eagles. I think you know which decades the list-makers lived their formative years :)

Here’s the Top Ten

10. Blonde On Blonde (1966) – Bob Dylan
9. Are You Experienced? (1967) – Jimi Hendrix
8. Thriller (1982) – Michael Jackson
7. Rubber Soul (1965) – The Beatles
6. Highway 61 Revisited (1965) – Bob Dylan
5. What’s Going On (1971) – Marvin Gaye
4. Revolver (1966) – The Beatles
3. Dark Side Of The Moon (1973) – Pink Floyd
2. Pet Sounds (1966) – The Beach Boys

And number one is……..

1. Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967) -The Beatles

This begs the question: What would be in your Top Ten, and why?

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.